I've got no agenda or deep lesson to tell from this, so let's just catch up, huh?
- I went to a rugby match, and saw Toulouse's famous team kick a neighbouring city's arse! Hugely surprised myself. I hate sports, but I loved this!
- Discovered that 3 euro wine is actually really, really good, but 2 euro wine is brewed in the depths of hell
- Drank a lot of 3 euro wine with my housemate
- Arguably too much???
- Went to a special Night of Museums, saw the St Raymond Museum of Junk that the Romans Left in France, and the Natural History Museum (no dinosaurs but an excellent collection of skeletons and insects)
- Met my French cousin, Anna, for the first time!
- Went to Mulligan's, aka the most ridiculous Irish pub I have ever been to
- Danced with strangers at an 'electrof*ck' night at a gay bar, and got covered in pink glitter by a French girl
- Pretended I could actually hear what French people were saying in bars (haha oui d'accord!! I've almost no clue what you're saying but I'm gonna keep nodding and laughing!! I am just an ordinary French person like you, hahaha oui d'accord!!)
- Watched a football match in a bar with friends (such a boring game, honestly)
- Did a language tandem with a French girl
- Met some randomers on the metro and spent forty minutes drinking with them
- Sung opera at full volume for my new metro friends, blew their minds a little bit
- Have been told by about 6 people that my English accent is an A+ English accent
- Turned 19, celebrated with a cute as hell garden party where we drank a lot of wine (the super classy 4 euro stuff, of course), played drinking games in French
- Felt miserable for half a week because the Conservatives won the election, before giving that up and getting motivated
- Set up WWW.LEFTYLONDON.COM, a weekly newsletter for political actions and protests in the capital. It's a bloody good site, go check it out.
That's all for now. I'll keep posting.