So today, I'm going to pass on some of that wisdom to you. These are the things I've learnt in the last two weeks.
1) Not to be surprised by anything- On my second day here, I had a costume call (which is where they get you to try on all the costumes for the show, to have them adjusted). The moment I walked into the room, a blonde woman with a pin cushion on her belt told me to take off all my clothes apart from my underwear. That kind of took me by surprise, but you have to get over it quickly.
2) How to take a compliment- One of the actresses in the production told me I could really do acting for a living, which nobody has ever said before, and I just thanked her- which I really wouldn't have been able to do before this! If someone had said that to me last year, I would have laughed and put myself down, saying I really wasn't any good, so I think I've really grown in that way.
3) The german word for cinnamon- After a lot of miming stirring like an idiot, and shouting "CINNAMON" at a German supermarket checkout girl, I managed to find cinnamon- although the checkout girl was no help at all.
What I learnt: in Germany, cinnamon is called 'Zimt'.
5) Not to complain during rehearsals- Nobody cares if your bloomers are itchy, or your legs hurt a bit, or you're tired. You have to get on with work and act professional!
6) The value of skype- I've been skyping my family and friends almost every day, which has really helped me cope with the whole change in environment!
So those are all the things I've learnt in the last two weeks!
Comment Question of the day: What have you learnt lately? (I'm so cheesy sometimes, I know. Don't tell me, I know I sound like a blue peter presenter!)